Introduction to Philosophy: Mind-Body Problem
Here are my reading guides for some of the readings.
- Rene Descartes, Meditations on First Philosophy (I have written explanatory footnotes for the meditations. They can be found here.)
- Princess Elizabeth, Letter to Descartes
- Gilbert Ryle, Descartes' Myth
- David Armstrong, The Nature of Mind
- Hilary Putnam, Brains and Behavior
- U.T. Place, Is Consciousness a Brain Process?
- Frank Jackson, Epiphenomenal Qualia
These are only some of the readings for this course. For the full list of readings, see the syllabus above.